Located in the heart of the country’s premier entertainment district, Times Square, on its most iconic block, The Duke on 42nd Street offers artists and producers a unique home to share their work. With 200 seats on a custom-built fully-retractable unit and a gallery along the entire perimeter, the 57′ x 49.5′ x 19.5′ black box space is completely reconfigurable to accommodate a production’s creative needs.
Rental of The Duke on 42nd Street comes with the support of our knowledgeable, well-trained and experienced staff. From managing event details and ticketing in Tessitura to administering the highest levels of customer service, our box office staff delivers consistent and professional service to both the company and the audiences. Our front of house staff is well-versed in adapting to both a challenging and adaptable landscape of patron experiences and maintaining high standards of the overall entertainment experience. Full-service facilities support is provided with every rental to ensure that the house and theater are well-maintained to house your company and patrons.
Explore this 360º tour fullscreen.
The Duke on 42nd Street is an Off-Broadway weekly rental facility and not a presenting or producing house.
- Weekly charges are competitive market rates with discounts available for nonprofit companies.
- The venue can accommodate limited performance runs; however, currently we are unavailable to accommodate an open-ended run.
- The theater is available for professionally produced presentations by 501(c)(3) nonprofit and commercial organizations.
- Rental requests are accepted throughout the year, with season planning (September – August) generally considered eight months prior.
- Requests are accepted from presenters with a significant producing background and weighted by a producer’s history and ongoing record.
Please email us with the details of your production, including preferred rental dates, production description and company information, at DukeInfo@New42.org. Site visits are available by appointment. To schedule one or to learn further details about the theater, please include those requests in your email.